πŸ’“ COINCIDENTAL MEETING OF UNI LIFE.-MY MATES πŸ’“


Friends may change but memories last forever....




That’s exactly how I feel! Being away from home, family and studying in a new country that I have never been before was overwhelming to the point that I thought I couldn’t do it .I was scared and alone. Being an introvert, I wasn’t the type to make friends or socialize well .I usually kept to myself drowning in my emotions and feelings. I still remember the plane ride from Dubai to Australia thinking about how I am I going to survive my two years of postgrad studies away from the closest people in my life ? Will it be possible for me to thrive?.

Thankfully, I got my answers through my mates that I made at Griffith University. On my first day of uni,I was lost finding the class for my orientation until I met a girl .Dressed to tens ,she looked at me cheerfully and asked me my name. ‘Kavya”, I said my name and she smiled and said “I Think we will; be good friends” she said .That’s my first memory with Kanthi, with whom I have been friends for over a year and a half. It was funny how naturally we got along .As she had been in Brisbane long before me, she actually help me in settling down by helping me setup Griffith account, talked to me about the places I should visit and became a guide for me. What’s ironic is that ,I thought she would be a friend in passing ,someone I may not meet again .But it’s been almost 2 years and our friendship still continued .

The other mate I met was actually by coincidence. As forgetful as I was, and partly clumsy, I was again lost finding my accommodation .I spotted a cute girl busy scrolling through her phone. I went to her and asked if she could show me the way to the accommodation office and she very graciously accepted the offer and walked with me to the accommodation hub. Her name is Jhansi .I would actually say she is the reason I was able to thrive the first few weeks of uni .She being a domestic student understood the loneliness I was going through as an international student and helped me in settling down .She was the first person that I went with to see the places nearby the uni; My first grocery shopping partner who helped me in setting up my flat and help me move stuff.Truly a gem .Also to the countless mates that I have met over the years who have helped me in every way possible ,either by helping me with assignments ,going out for foods and drinks with me whenever needed and listening to my never ending chats ,I owe you guys big time. You guys are the reason my uni life has been well spent .Love you guys and hope to make more memories with you.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

EXPERIENCING THE JOY OF COMMUNITY

MY STEPS TO BE JOB READY WITH GRIFFITH SCIENCES PLUS PROGRAM

OUR ENVIRONMENT, OUR WORLD