THE RABBIT HOLE OF KOREAN ENTERTAINMENT 👍

                                                   

"Not shy ,Not me (ITZY)

I want it all, all ,all (Yeah)

Not Shy, not me 😍 "

                                 - K-POP GROUP ITZY “Not shy”



That’s exactly what I am listening to these days 😆!.

                I know it’s a little late to the world of K-pop but I had worlds of entertainment growing up. Being an Indian growing up in multicultural country of United Arab Emirates (or as people commonly refer as DUBAI!😏) Bollywood was all I know; with a mixture of Arab entertainment too. Bollywood is what grew on. It was the medium that did give men feelings and fantasies. The slow motion turn, the dances between scenes (even though thinking now it made no sense) was what happy growing up meant. Obviously, a feeling of familiarity was also indicated with Bollywood. But that all changed when I went to India for my graduate studies.

You would think how come being in India made me get into Korean entertainment .Simply because as the quote goes “The grass always feels greener on the other side”. Living in dorms with my roommates with most of them born and bred in India, the idea of a totally different world apart from ours were thrilling. And that’s when a roommate of mine introduces me to the first rabbit hole of Korean entertainment: K-DRAMA!!

The first ever k-drama that I watched and couldn’t stop myself from staying awake till 2 am to finish the series was no other than the famous drama “DESCENDENTS OF SUN”. 

This drama gave me all the feels and when I mean feels, it’s too much to handle! How can stories about military and hospital life be this interesting .So my love started to grow for these dramas. The fact that with amazing visuals of these actors along with heart-warming OSTs make you feel so occupied that sleep feels vanquished. From there till now I am still a fan of k-dramas. Personal recommendations includes Coffee Prince, My love from another star, Secret Garden, Goblin, Pasta and Hospital Playlist (Personally there’s so much more but I will let you do the rest ). I feel the farther you go behind the times, the true Korean cultural aspect of drams you can see. And man, I am enjoying it!!

The second rabbit hole that I fell into is KPOP. From 1st gen group such as H.O.T “Candy” , Sinhwa “Perfect Man” to second gen groups such as Super Junior “ Bonamana” , 2PM “ Again and Again", SNSD “ Mr Mr” ,Wonder Girls “ Tell Me” to current groups such as EXO , BTS , Monsta X , Blackpink , Mamamoo and much more ,I am a fan ! The fact that these artists make you feel soo connected with them and have genuine love for fans is just remarkable.

The final rabbit hole was Korean Variety shows. Just amazing . Humor, class and quick wits, it amazes me how well timed and precise these entertainers throw jabs to viewers and guests. Shows such as Knowing brothers, new journey to the west, running man are my go to shows. It keeps me happy and warm. Above all it does entertainment justice by engaging viewers to sit back and relax and have a happy time.

I would say that being alone in Brisbane has been much less depressing thanks to the Korean entertainment rabbit hole that I fell into .My love for these have only increased from year to year .Hopefully K-Entertainment keeps coming up with interesting content to see so that I don’t lose my interest !!




And from my heart to k-entertainment;

“I want nobody nobody But You, I want nobody nobody But You

How can I be with another, I don't want any other

I want nobody nobody nobody nobody 😍”

-          KPOP Group WONDER GIRLS “Nobody”


 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXPERIENCING THE JOY OF COMMUNITY

MY STEPS TO BE JOB READY WITH GRIFFITH SCIENCES PLUS PROGRAM

OUR ENVIRONMENT, OUR WORLD